jueves, 9 de octubre de 2008

Romeo and Juliet

I am embarking on the adventure of teaching Shakespeare. I haven´t read Shakespeare before so teaching it will be even more of a challenge, especially since he isn´t my favorite author. I had my students sign up for the different parts and they will be acting it out. We´ll see how it goes. I hope the students enjoy it and I hope that I am able to impart some knowledge about Shakespeare to them. I know that I have already learned more about Shakespeare then I thought I would.

Other then that, school is the same. Some days are good, some days are ok, and some are absolutely horrible. Tuesday was one of those bad days. I caught two students cheating on my test and on top of that, most of the students failed the test. I thought it was easy. The review sheet and the test were exactly the same except the test had less on it. Many didn´t even know the difference between countries and landforms. how frustrating! this is what we have been studying for the past two weeks. I think I might have to give them more homework and quizzes to help put the information in their brains!!!!

Thanks for the prayers!!!!

1 comentario:

Erik and Tara dijo...

hey girl, i think you're on the right track. you can assign more homework and quizzes to help them out and see where they are, but just make it so YOU don't have to GRADE them! do it in class. shakespeare is super fun: my senior class LOVED doing hamlet. the boys really got into it when they could act it out, use swords, etc. the biggest challenge obviously is the language, but when you can kinda "translate" it for them it's heaps of fun. i'm sure you are doing a great job!!!