domingo, 7 de septiembre de 2008

My first week

Monday was easy. All we did was getting to know each other activities and what the rules were. If only every day was so easy. The rest of the week I was just trying to survive. I didn't really have the week planned out since I didn't know what I was teaching when and how much. I have 9 classes that I'm teaching and that equals to about 32 hours. eleventh and ninth grade are my worst classes. They don't behave!!!! 

Thursday afternoon, Claudia and I took the day off from lesson planning and explored the city a bit more. We got hair cuts and then walked through the market to the mall. On the way, I bought some roasted corn from a lady selling on the street corner. When claudia saw what I was doing, she was surprised that eat food from the street. It tasted delicious and I didn't get sick at all. 

Saturday, I went to siyatipeque to Claudia's house. Its about half an hour away in the mountains. It was so much cooler that when the clouds rolled in, I had to wear a sweatshirt. While on our walk, it started to pour down. Luckily there was a shelter, but since the rain didn't show signs of stopping, we ran back to the car. We spent the evening watching the soccer match between Canada and Honduras. Honduras won!!!

Today I had the opportunity to go to a soccer game. Unfortunately Comayague's team lost. The most exciting part of the game was walking home. There were three big cows with horns that were walking our direction. I tried to get out of the way, but they seemed to want to be where I was. I basically plastered myself against the wall, hoping they wouldn't get mad and gore me. Thankfully they just kept walking by. 

My second week of teaching is about to begin. I feel much more prepared and ready! I hope it goes well!

1 comentario:

Tara Petersen dijo...

I'm so glad you started a blog! That way I can always know what you're up to until you come back to Colorado. :) I miss you already! Keep up the good work, it will get easier. :) Tara