viernes, 13 de febrero de 2009

Flying Rocks and Fire

My kids know how to keep me on my toes. Just when I think I´m getting better at the whole class management idea, my kids show me that I have not!

The other day while 8b was taking their literature test two things happened to make me quite mad. First, I caught a student cheating and had to take away his test and suspend him. When most the students were finished, they were standing outside the door looking at the primary level playing during lunch. When someone got the bright idea to through paper at the kids below. Well one boy from 3 grade decided to wrap a big rock in paper and through it back. The missile came sailing into the class room and missed me by a couple of feet. That did not make for a great day.

Luckily for me, two days later in 8A, I was to have another experience to try my patience. While I was writing on the board, I heard the girls giggling. I turned around to find someone had light a piece of paper on fire. Oh the headache they give me! So the counselor and I had to investigate who was the culprits. Eight girls confessed so that one wouldn´t get in trouble. So for their punishment they had no recess and had to pick up garbage during lunch. Picking up garbage is the worst punishment for them.

Today we have parent teacher meetings all day, so I don´t expect any rocks or fire. But you never know!

No hay comentarios: